(This is a sponsored post.)
Huge thanks to Kinsta for sponsoring CSS-Tricks this week! We’re big fans of WordPress around here, and know some of you out there are too. So this might come of interest: Kinsta is WordPress hosting that runs on Google Cloud Platform. And in fact, it’s officially recommended by Google Cloud for fully-managed WordPress hosting.
What does that matter? Well, when you go with a cloud host you’re entering a new realm of reliability. For example, your site is run in its own isolated container, including all the software required to run it. Familiar stuff like PHP, MySQL, and Nginx. Those resources are 100% private and not shared between anyone else – not even other sites of yours.
Spinning up a site is incredibly easy from their nice dashboard
You aren’t on your own here. Yes, you’re using powerful low-level infrastructure from Google Cloud Platform, but you get site management comfort from the Kinsta dashboard:
As you spin up a site, you can select from any of 15 global data center locations. You can even pick a different location for every site, as you need, for no additional cost.
You’ll be on the latest versions of important software, like PHP 7.2 and HHVM, which if you haven’t heard, is smokin’ fast.
Beyond that, there is built-in server-level caching, so you can rest easy that everything possible is being done to make sure your WordPress site is fast without you having to do much.
Install WordPress as you spin up a site this easily:
As a WordPress site owner, you’ll care about these things:
- At the pro plan, they’ll migrate your site for free.
- At the business plan, you get SSH and WP-CLI access.
- If you’re somehow hacked, they’ll fix it for you.
- The servers are optimized to work particularly well with popular plugins like WooCommerce or Easy Digital Downloads.
- The support staff are 24/7 and WordPress developers themselves.
It’s worth putting a point on a few other things that you either already care about as a developer, or should.
- Free CDN – At no additional cost, your assets will be served from a CDN. That’s great for performance and a requirement for some performance auditing tools that clients care more and more about.
- Git support – You can pull and push your site from a Git repo on any of the major services, like you expect as a developer.
- Free SSL and security – Don’t worry about hand-managing your SSL certificates.
- Easy staging environments – It’s just one click to build a staging environment and another click to push it live from there when you’re ready.
- Automatic daily backups – Or even hourly if you wish. Plus, you can restore from any of these backups with a click.
- GeoIP – Use the visitors geographic location to do things like cache location-specific data and content more effectively.
What’s going on with your site will be no mystery
New Relic provides performance monitoring and analysis. Plus you dashboard will expose to you resource usage at a glance!
Serious WordPress power at affordable prices.
Go check out Kinsta
Direct Link to Article — Permalink
The post Kinsta appeared first on CSS-Tricks.